Last updated 3.25.18
Advertising-Supported Business Model
The Site is funded through advertising dollars. This advertising revenue helps keep Nationwide free of charge for our Users. It also allows us to explore and build new features.
We strive to make advertisements relevant and useful to you. Therefore, we may serve advertisements to you based on the information we collect from you or in relation to your interaction with the Site.
We pledge to be transparent about the information we monitor and collect from you. We keep information private between you and Nationwide, except as explained below.
Collection of Information
When you use the Site, we collect a variety of information.
- Information you provide. When using the Site, you may provide information about yourself, such as name, address, phone number and email address.
We have implemented Google Analytics remarketing, which tracks and manages cookie information so that we and third-party service providers can better deliver advertisements that are relevant and useful to you on the Site and various websites across the Internet. We have also implemented Google Analytics display network impression reporting to better understand how ad impressions and ad Site are related to visits to our sites. You can customize ads or opt out of these services using the Google Ads Settings.
- Mobile Device and Mobile Browser. You may adjust settings on your mobile device and mobile browser regarding cookies and sharing of certain information, such as your mobile device model or the language your mobile device uses, by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or mobile device manufacturer.
- Usage logs. When you use the Site, your computer or other electronic device communicates a variety of information to computer servers, including the existence of cookies, your Internet Protocol address, and information about your browser program. We also create a record of what information you are requesting, such as the page or subject areas you’re visiting.
- Calls to Nationwide may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes.
Usage and Disclosure
In general, Nationwide uses the information collected from you to communicate with you and operate our Site. Nationwide also uses this information to respond to your requests and present you with advertising that we believe will be of interest or useful to you.
Your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting information that identifies you personally, where you have chosen to keep it private (“Personal Information”). We will only share Personal Information that you provide outside the public areas of the Site in the following circumstances:
- When you consent or direct Nationwide to share the Personal Information.
- Merger or sale. If and when Nationwide is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. Personal Information may be transferred along with the business.
You may receive email from Nationwide for a variety of reasons – for example, if you took an action through the Site, you signed up for a regular report, or you posted an Accommodation and a Renter sent you a message. We respect your desire to manage email correspondence. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you with important transactional or administrative information.
In addition, if you have provided your email address to us, we may use a scrambled, unreadable form (a hash) of your email address to deliver tailored advertisements to you on the Site or on other websites, including via Facebook’s Custom Audience Feature or other similar Facebook tools. We will not share your email address with Facebook.
You may opt-out of cookie tracking and analysis as described in the section below entitled ‘Opting Out of Collection of Information’.
Nationwide can provide you with helpful information based on where you are. If you tell Nationwide where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send Nationwide your location), Nationwide may use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
Individuals Under the Age of 18
Nationwide will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 18. The use of the Site by individuals under age 18 is expressly prohibited.
Storage, Security and Retention of Information
You acknowledge that Personal Information will be processed and stored by Nationwide in databases hosted in the United States. Nationwide has taken reasonable steps to protect the information users share with us, including, but not limited to, setup of processes, equipment and software to avoid unauthorized access or disclosure of this information. No transmission of information via the Internet can be entirely secure, however, so please always use caution when submitting Personal Information.
You can access, update, and delete Personal Information you provide to Nationwide in your account profile by logging into your account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we are ready to assist you in managing the Personal Information you provide to us, we cannot always delete records due to financial reporting, compliance, or other reasons.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, or the privacy practices of Nationwide, please email us at email@example.com.